SITE CLOSURE – COVID 19
With regard to the COVID 19 crisis, we just want to ask all of our lovely guests, regular ones and those who might be new to us this year, to please bare with us. We understand it’s such an uncertain time for most of you, as it is for us. Unfortunately, we have no more answers than you do with regard to if/when you’ll be able to stay on our site this year.
The recent UK wide announcement on the easing of lockdown restrictions sounds positive, but no date has been specified for the re-opening of campsites or holiday accommodation. We feel hopeful we may be able to welcome guests to Hellesveor again in July, but this will obviously depend on government advice at the time.
On a practical note, for anyone with a booking in May or June, we are more than happy to carry forward any money paid to a future date. If you could please get in touch via email if/when you decide to postpone your booking, we’d very much appreciate it. We’re conscious of the effect on our children if we’re constantly talking on the phone about the current situation, life’s all a bit weird for them as it is so we’re trying to keep some normality, as much as possible. Our email address is [email protected]
People with bookings from July onwards, we ask that you remain patient until we all have more answers about when life/businesses might return to normal. Obviously we’re hopeful that we’ll be able to operate normally for at least some of the summer season. We are deeply concerned that if every guest asks for a refund of deposits paid, we could be in trouble – and no longer here next season.
We have also decided not to take any new bookings at the moment, so that we can hopefully leave some pitches available for those with existing bookings who need to amend their dates. Again, please bare with us and as soon as circumstances permit, we’ll welcome new bookings with open arms.
On a personal level, we’re pretty devastated about coming to a grinding halt after spending six years of putting everything into creating this place. We had a fantastic season last year and have reinvested everything back into further improving Hellesveor – in hindsight, a mistake. Because of that, we face such an uncertain year or two ahead. But this is a difficult time for all of us, especially those with more serious health concerns, so we wish you all well and will hopefully be in touch again soon with a clearer picture of the coming months.
Andrew & Mel
Please use the form below to give us as many details as possible about your holiday request, so that we can advise you on prices and availability. We aim to reply to all messages the same day or the following morning.
If you phone us, please leave a message if we don’t answer…we do want to speak to you but can’t always get to the phone!